5. Emotional and spiritual growth. This kind of growth can occur during a relationship, when our hearts and minds are more open. Even dealing with a failed relationship can help send us towards a higher personal state, as divorce research has shown us. 4 Love Lessons From Gandhi
—Ilene Dillon, Counselor/Therapist
6. Longer, healthier life. Since 1979, the National Longitudinal Mortality Study has been studying more than a million subjects and found that married people generally outlive unmarrieds. Moreover, married people have been found to have lower cancer rates and unlikely to suffer pneumonia than singles. Researchers at the University of Iowa also found that ovarian cancer patients with happy and fulfilling relationships had higher white blood cell counts.
7. Sparkling eyes. Your output of adrenaline and sex hormones (such as testosterone or estrogen) goes up when you are in love. As a result, you feel a buzz throughout your whole body. Being in love can also make your pupils enlarge, making them look far more dramatic and attractive. If you look at pictures used in advertisements, you will usually see that the models have large pupils. When men are shown two pictures of the same woman: one with small pupils and one with enlarged pupils, they almost always prefer the picture with the large pupils.
8. Kissable lips. Regular kissing can make your lips more attractive and more kissable. Being in love can give your lips extra color and improve their shape.
9. Better breasts. If you are a woman, being in love and making love can improve the size and shape of your breasts. Being aroused and in love can contract the muscles and increase the blood flow around your nipples, making them stand up and look larger. 7 Body Parts Men Love — Just The Way They Are
10. Shiny hair. The increase in hormones that come with being in love means your hair will look shinier and healthier.
—Rebecca Roy, Counselor/Therapist