14. “Baby, I have no time to write you a letter.” A man in jail doesn’t want to hear that you cannot take a few minutes to write and send him some photos.
15. “You are taking my kindness for weakness.” Now is not the time for self-pity, but empathy and understanding.
16. Venting past frustrations. Please just try to place yourself in his shoes and only discuss what is pertinent to his health and well-being.
17. Putting him down when he already feels low. Jail is one of the most dehumanizing experiences a human will ever go through, so trust that it is not necessary for you to make him feel any lower.
18. “Honey, I cannot get the restraining order removed.” If your man is no longer a threat, you should remove the restraining order so that it does not become a hindrance or violation in the future, especially if you live together.
Part II: And here are 18 Things TO Say to the MOYD in Jail
1. “Baby, I miss you and love you.” What man does not want to hear such kind words? Even King Kong was a sucker for a word of affection.
2. Anything that comes from your heart. Your man wants to hear what’s inside you.
3. “Baby I’ve got your back, and I am here for you no matter what.” Every man wants to know his woman is down for him when he is going through one of the toughest times of his life. Hearing you speak those words will keep his spirits high in the clouds. (Understanding How To Show Yourself Approved – Stand by the Man of Your Dreams)
4. “We can win this battle.” Words of encouragement will keep his spirits high, and having the right attitude is everything and can often make the difference in the outcome. (The Five Magic Words the Man You’re Dating Secretly Wants You to Say)
5. “Baby, I will be over to visit you.” A visit in jail from you is often the highlight of his day and reinforces that you care about him, love him and that you will be waiting for him when he gets out. The act reinforces your spoken word.
6. “It doesn’t matter how long it takes to get you out of jail; I will be there for you.” It may seem like an unrealistic statement in our modern world, but it is the glue of what real relationships are made of and reinforces your commitment to the long haul.
7. “Baby, I forgive you.” Forgiving another person for the mistakes he has made is huge. In jail, a man has a lot of time to reflect on his past mistakes, and to hear you say “I forgive you” is a huge burden lifted off his shoulders. (Learning the Art of Forgiveness is a Must to Attracting a Successful Relationship!)
8. “Baby, I will bring the kids to see you.” To a father who cherishes his children, seeing them will bring the joy of God to his heart and give him a big reason to make it through his current trials (1 Peter 4:12, James 1:2-4).