Other tips to help your relationship out of the Tolerance Zone:
2. Help the MOYD remember the good times with you, and why he chose you in the first place. Sometimes we need to be reminded of how fine you are.
3. If you are holding a grudge, let it go! It will destroy you and the relationship right along with it.
4. Build new happy memories. Try to get him to spend more time with you, and do something fun together. (22 Gifts that Say I Love You Baby Without Breaking the Bank)
5. Be different! (10 Dating Tips on How To Be Different From the Competition) Being different than you were last year shows that you are growing and expanding your mind.
6. Have an appreciation party for the MOYD. Honor him for all the things he has done well and all the things you do appreciate about him but perhaps have forgotten in your madness.
7. Gain an understanding of why another woman would find your man attractive, and make sure you see and appreciate those characteristics before someone else does.
8. A relationship is not a competition to compare tit for tat. I see too many women in their struggle for equality comparing themselves to the man they are dating: "If he can do that, then I can certainly do it as well." Ladies, here's a little secret: men in general do not seriously want women who are willing to act lowdown and dirty like them. Constantly comparing yourself to what a man does is a recipe for disaster. Opposite poles attract, and like poles repel each other.
9. Know your role in the relationship. Who are you? What position are you playing? Are you the quarterback or the wide receiver? Two people in a relationship simply cannot play the same position.
10. Find contentment in your heart and space. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Suzy Q. does not necessarily have it better or worse than you do. Sure, her man just bought her a new car, but what stress came with it? Realize there are no perfect relationships and do whatever you can do to keep yours from falling into the Tolerance Zone!