Here are five ways to "spring clean" your online dating profile:
1. Profile Pictures. The rule of thumb is that your primary picture should be less than one year old. If it looks a little musty or doesn't quite show the five pounds you've dropped over the last couple months, change it! Go to the park with some girlfriends and have a "spring cleaning" photo shoot. Take shots of you playing Frisbee, having a picnic or reading under a tree. Have fun and show some action.
2. Interests. Maybe you listed your favorite author as J.K. Rowling. I love her too but perhaps you've just read Jodi Picoult and are fascinated with a new writing style. Does your profile reflect your new interests? Remember, your own "PC" is looking for a connection so give him a little variety in your interests.
3. Hobbies. If you've just taken a painting class with a group of gals, and you've decided your talent is more of a Picasso rather than a Monet, laugh up your one-eyed self-portrait that mom wouldn't even hang on her refrigerator. It doesn't matter if you are the next brilliant artist or simply a girl with multi-faceted interests. Just keep it up to date and show how you are interesting.
4. Sports. This is the clincher. It's simple. Men like chicks who like sports. If you are one of these ladies and you haven't mentioned your softball league in your essay, do it now. If you don't have the athletic bug, maybe it's time you get to a ball game and try a hot dog and beer from the cheap seats. Trust me, your "PC" will find it endearing that you are willing to try.
5. Multiple Choice. When was the last time you looked at what you've selected as your multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank answers from when you first signed up? Maybe you have something in there that has changed or that you didn't answer to begin with. Do you have a new career? Did you quit smoking? Do you have a new answer to your favorite hot spot?
Friends, just like you update your social media accounts so should you with your dating profile. Pick one or two of these ideas and freshen yourself up a bit. Perhaps your very own "PC" is sitting at his computer wondering why you haven't already done this.
Happy "spring cleaning" and happy dating! Grab a copy of my eBook to learn more on how to write a mouthwatering online dating profile.
Got questions about online dating? Tune in next week when YourTango Experts presents Online Dating Bootcamp, a 14-day intensive about online dating featuring articles from your favorite YourTango Experts, including Joe Amoia, Laurie Davis, Rick Clemons, Larry Cappel, Julianne Canatrella and many more!
To Read More Great Advice On Dating: