Eliminate a craving for something you hate yourself for eating in just minutes using EFT tapping.
Can you imagine being able to eliminate a craving for something you hate yourself for eating in just minutes? An amazing acupressure technique called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) can do just that! Just touching or tapping a few energy points on the face and upper body allows the addictive urge to disappear effortlessly. If you don’t believe me, take a few minutes to take this chocolate challenge. You can learn more about EFT in my revolutionary book Desserts Is Stressed Spelled Backwards.
Most people who have used EFT to combat cravings report a loss of desire that lasts for hours, days, or longer. I had my chocolate miracle more than 10 years ago. At that time I received a gift of a tantalizing box of very expensive chocolates. As a lifelong chocoholic, I was afraid to open this Pandora's box. I couldn't live with it, but I couldn't live without it either. While I was deciding what to do I put it on my kitchen counter where it proceeded to beckon me relentlessly.
Since my specialty is helping people overcome their compulsions, I did what I tell my clients to do. I gave myself a two-minute EFT treatment. I gently tapped energy points on my face and upper body while agonizing over my desire for those luscious pieces of light and dark chocolate. My urge to gobble them up quickly dissipated. I treated myself a few more times during the day and also gave myself a couple of follow up tapping treatments the next two days, all the while looking lovingly at the tempting box of goodies. However, miraculously, I didn't open it. Read more about overcoming overeating in How to Stop Playing the Weighting Game.
By the third day it dawned on me that I had lost interest in the candy, so I put the box in the cupboard. As the days turned into weeks, I noticed that I had not only stopped craving the contents of the gift box of chocolate, I stopped desiring chocolate in general. It happened so effortlessly that I was sure it wouldn't last, but the unstoppable craving has never returned. Freedom means sometimes I eat a piece of chocolate or one portion of chocolate cake, and sometimes I don't even feel like eating the chocolate even though it's there, and it's no big deal.
Challenge your chocolate craving with this experiment. Almost everyone loves chocolate. You most likely will have something chocolate in your home right now, a piece of candy, a cookie, or cake.
• Hold the chocolate and smell it.
• Take a very small bite and savor it.
• Rate the intensity of your desire to eat it right now from zero to ten.
• Think about how much you want it as you tap each energy point for 3 seconds using your index and middle fingers: Tap the point where the eyebrow begins near the nose. Tap the outer edge of your eye socket. Tap under the lower eyelid. Tap under the nose. Tap under the lower lip. Tap underneath the collarbone. Tap 4 inches under your armpit on the side of the body.
• Hold the chocolate and smell it again. Take a tiny bite.
• Rate the intensity of your craving. Has it changed?
• Tap the energy points again.
• Continue to tap and rate your desire until you have reached zero.
• Discard the rest of the uneaten chocolate. If you aren't ready to do that, keep tapping until you can.
You will be amazed at how quickly the craving for chocolate dissipates, often after only one or two rounds of tapping. Many people report that the aroma changes too, becoming less appealing. Use the craving challenge with other urges you can't control: cigarettes, alcohol or shopping. Have fun while you improve your health. Find out many other ways to use EFT in my eBook EFT Tapping: 64 Quick & Easy Tips.
- The Way to True Love is Through Self Love
- The Best Sex Position For Female Orgasm
- Love: Tips & Expert Advice