DISC: A tool that can help you understand yourself and others.
DISC is an assessment tool that many are familiar with in a professional setting. It has great application as a tool designed to assist in the development and improvement of interpersonal communication skills. Understanding your DISC profile will enhance the ability to be self-aware of the four dimensions of your behavioral style. Successful people are aware of their strengths and find ways to place themselves in those situations that are likely to result in positive interactions. Likewise they are also aware of their limitations which allow them to avoid or limit those situations which will not result in positive interactions.
DISC measures the following four dimensions:
- Decisive – your preference for problem solving and getting results
- Interactive – your preference for interacting with others and showing emotion
- Stability – your preference for pacing, persistence and steadiness
- Cautious – your preference for procedures, standards and protocols (boundaries).
It is important to know that there is no good or bad profile. It simply is a tool to help a person understand the “how” of their behavioral style. The implications of the DISC profile have been used favorably in the business community. Articles speak a lot of the utilization of DISC to assist business leaders to understand and communicate more effectively with their teams.
The profile can also have a dramatic impact on the ability of people to improve their interpersonal communication with loved ones and friends. The DISC profile will provide the person with tips on how they like to communicate to others and likewise receive communication from others.
More Juicy Content On YourTango:
- The Best Love Advice On YourTango
- 13 Relationship Mistakes Men Should Stop Making Him
- How To Make A Long-Distance Relationship Work