I work with individuals and couples who feel stuck in life, and I help them discover a pathway to healthy change. Here's how I do it:
In Individual Counseling, I help men and women:
- Break the chains of depression like hopelessness, sadness, lack of energy, low motivation, isolation
- Tame anxiety like excessive worry or fear, feeling overwhelmed, obsessions or compulsions, panic attacks
- Find practical ways to handle relationship stress when partners can't or won't attend couples counseling
In Couples Counseling or Marriage Counseling, I help couples:
- Learn healthy ways to reduce stress and resolve disagreements
- Lose the fear of differences and discover closeness
- Feel appreciated, cared for, and heard in the relationship
- Improve physical affection and sexual intimacy
- Recover from an affair, build trust, and protect the relationship from future betrayal
Are you a Christian? In Christian Counseling, I help men, women, and couples who seek a therapist who shares their faith and speaks their spiritual language.
Your struggle is real ... yet it doesn't define you. I have no magic solutions, but I'll help you discover that change is possible. Are you ready to find the change you need?
Got a relationship problem? Grab my FREE report, How to Make Your Relationship Work When Something's Wrong.
I'm a Resident in Counseling who practices under the clinical supervision of Katherine Rosemond, LPC (VA License # 0701003486).
The Reason I Became A Helping Professional
My journey to becoming a therapist began quite early, when I was born into a home plagued by infidelity and persistent verbal fights which sometimes included flying projectiles. It was difficult to live with the palpable animosity between the two adults I loved most. My brother and I did nothing to cause our parents' divorce, but we sure lived through the consequences of what they did and didn't do to address their relationship problems. Perhaps it's not surprising that I'm now a therapist with a passion for couples counseling.
I've been married for over 25 years, and have two children. I've worked in coporate America, been a stay-at-home mom, and now am a Resident in Counseling. Along the way, I have experienced many of the struggles and stresses my clients face. At key times in my life, counseling helped me create a new relationship with myself, my husband, my children, and the world around me. That's why it is my joy to do what I do: help men, women, and couples find the change they need.
|Time in Practice||1-3 years|
|I practice in||My state/province only|
|Additional Expertise||Marriage/Couples Counselor|
|I offer my services||At my office|
|I am fluent in||English|
|Licence information||Expiration 12/31/15|
Number 0701003486 (Supervisor's)
For many of us, feelings of deficiency are right around the ...
All of us want to be fully accepted in our relationships, yet it ...
After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful, 2nd Edition
“Dr. Spring possesses a remarkable combination of clarity, wisdom, ...