I like number 3, the honest and direct approach. If he’s really serious, he will, too. I’d wait another day to give him a chance to make his move, but then, if the texting game continues I’d hit him full force with both barrels of the truth.
Option number 2 is fine, too, if you can handle the frustration of not knowing where you stand for a little while longer. Most woman I speak to can’t function in their normal, productive manner with a “romantic unknown” hanging over them. If you can, then it’s easier than having the honest conversation in #3.
You’ll be happy to hear that our distressed damsel story ended well. She decided on option #2 and giving him until the end of the day. He asked her out. Patience triumphed.
What would you have done?