* Someone who shows up wearing clothes or merchandise from a competitor's store - 22 percent
HOW CAN WORKERS TURN A SEASONAL JOB INTO A FULL-TIME POSITION?
Thirty percent of employers who are hiring seasonal help plan to transition some employees into full-time, permanent staff. To stand out as a candidate for a long-term opportunity, hiring managers recommended the following:
* Provide above and beyond customer service. Offer help instead of waiting to be asked for it. - 66 percent
* Let the employer know up front that you're interested in permanent employment - 49 percent
* Proactively ask for more projects - 45 percent
* Ask thoughtful questions about the organization - 39 percent
* Present ideas on how to do something better or try something new - 34 percent
This survey was conducted online within the U.S. by Harris Interactive © on behalf of CareerBuilder among 2,696 hiring managers and human resource professionals (employed full-time, not self-employed, non-government) between August 16 and September 8, 2011 (percentages for some questions are based on a subset, based on their responses to certain questions). With a pure probability sample of 2,696, one could say with a 95 percent probability that the overall results have a sampling error of +/- 1.89 percentage points. Sampling error for data from sub-samples is higher and varies.
More from GalTime.com: