3. Do Your Thing. There’s no better opportunity for “Girl Time” than during football season. Seriously. I wish more women understood this. Don’t get mad at his obsession. Don’t feel neglected by his attention being focused on his football mistress. Get back in touch with your girlfriends and hang out them. Oh and you have no idea how easy it is to get compliance from a guy when the game is on. He’ll say “yes” to virtually any request. HER: “Honey, my ex boyfriend, you know the one who still wants me? Yeah, he wants to meet for coffee on Sunday.” HIM: “Oh cool, babe. Tell him said ‘Hi’!”
Related: 6 Things Women Do That Scare Men Off
4. If You Can’t Beat ‘Em. Listen, of all the things you could do, this might be the absolute BEST move on your part. Join in his fun (or soul crushing depression) by buying his favorite team’s jersey and get on board on game day. Learn the game, some basic strategy, a few players’ names, etc. Odds are you’ll get swept up in the emotion right along with him. Like the old saying goes, “The couple that watches football together…. holds off the divorce for 6 more months.” Or something like that. One point though – never ask questions DURING the game! Wait for commercials!
5. Find Another Guy. Seriously. If you that selfish and you can’t let your man indulge himself during the season then you’re just not a nice person. Poor guy. All he ever does is try to make you happy and all you can do is think of yourself? Do you have any idea how emotionally draining a football season can be? If you can’t be his rock during those harrowing final two minutes of the game with the team down by 6, needing a touchdown to win, with 99 yards to go and the starting quarterback knocked of the game, then what do you really have? This is not a real relationship! Do him and you a favor and find a new man!
I think that last one may have been a teensy bit over the top. Maybe.
Are you ready for some football?
Tell us how you feel about football season! YES, you diehard sports fans should weigh in, too! We love football here at GalTime...
More from GalTime.com:
- 5 Things You Should Never Say on a First Date
- Top 10 Chick Flicks Guys Actually Like
- ShrinkWrap: Has Your Relationship Hit a Speed Bump?
- How To Initiate Sex