4. Remember that once you’ve wired someone money it’s gone, there’s no way to get it back.
RELATED Outsmart iPhone Thieves
Be an Online Dating Detective
The Better Business Bureau suggests doing a little detective work of your potential online matches:
1. Check out their number of friends on social media platforms. If the number seems unusually small, be wary.
2. Look at the time they joined the social media site to see if it was fairly recently, this may be another cause for concern.
3. Google search their name to see what else they are associated with.
4. Plop their picture into Google Images, if their photo pops up on multiple sites under a variety of names, be cautious!
Have you ever had a bad experience with an online date? Or been ripped off in a catfishing scheme? We'd love to hear your story!
More from GalTime.com: