3. Accept responsibility: Whether you like it or not, choices mean responsibility. Now you’re getting into deeper waters. When we step up and claim responsibility, we are indeed stepping up.
More from YourTango: 11 Ways To Save When Shopping for Shoes
4. Be accountable: When you hold yourself accountable, the message is, “This is on me.” And that truly takes strength of character.
5. Be honest: This is admittedly the hardest step for a lot of people. Some of us simply find it too difficult to look into the reflected image of truth, which can hurt. The tendency to develop safety mechanisms, in an attempt to protect one’s heart, can be too great. Unfortunately, not being honest with yourself in your daily choices can only delay the inevitable, as well as make matters worse. Here’s the good news: by practicing the art of honesty, telling the truth becomes easier.
More from YourTango: Six Ways to Take Your Look from Beach to Bistro
It’s never too late in life to do better, be better, and become better. Take a walk to the water’s edge, and look out. For as far as the eyes can see and beyond, endless possibilities exist, and they all start with your choices. Choices are a birthright that each of us possesses without purchase; they’re absolutely free.
More from GalTime.com:
- When Everyone Has an Opinion About What You’re Doing
- The 4 Things You MUST Do to Build a Life Around Your Passion
- How to Develop Your Intuition
- 7 Steps to Get Happy Quick!