5. Swap It: Adding to the collection of dollar store toys with carnival winnings is not conducive toward your house-cleaning duties. Encourage kids to fill a box of gently used toys and donate to a nearby shelter or collection center before they come home with new ones.
6. Feed It: Spend less money on concessions and carnival goodies by filling the family bellies before leaving the house. A healthy snack or meal will prevent the kids from craving sugar and keep their energy up for more games!
Bonus Tip: Don't miss VolunteerSpot's free Carnival eBook with game and booth ideas, volunteer management tips, and festival fundraising best practices!
What do you most dislike about school carnivals?
What do you LOVE about school fairs or festivals?
More from GalTime.com:
- What to Do When Your Child Hates His Teacher
- Halloween 2012: 12 Hottest Kid Costumes
- Parenting a Child With Special Needs: One Mother's Journey
- Sister Rivalry: Teaching Them How to Get Along