5. Swap It: Adding to the collection of dollar store toys with carnival winnings is not conducive toward your house-cleaning duties. Encourage kids to fill a box of gently used toys and donate to a nearby shelter or collection center before they come home with new ones.
More from YourTango: The One Thing He Can't Do For You
6. Feed It: Spend less money on concessions and carnival goodies by filling the family bellies before leaving the house. A healthy snack or meal will prevent the kids from craving sugar and keep their energy up for more games!
Bonus Tip: Don't miss VolunteerSpot's free Carnival eBook with game and booth ideas, volunteer management tips, and festival fundraising best practices!
More from YourTango: How to Get Financially Stable After Divorce
What do you most dislike about school carnivals?
What do you LOVE about school fairs or festivals?
More from GalTime.com:
- What to Do When Your Child Hates His Teacher
- Halloween 2012: 12 Hottest Kid Costumes
- Parenting a Child With Special Needs: One Mother's Journey
- Sister Rivalry: Teaching Them How to Get Along