More from YourTango: The One Thing He Can't Do For You
Here we are at the beginning and end of a year, all in one. That means it is time to set some resolutions. Maybe you're thinking, "Oh, no! Not me! I don't do resolutions." Not to worry. We're not talking about anything that has to do with a weight scale or bank account or de-cluttering that junk drawer in the kitchen. This is the year you can really focus on yourself and build great habits to take good care of you every single day.
Here's how to get started.
1. Love Thyself and Count the Ways - You rock, you know you do. Take a piece of paper and write down 10 great things about you. Now tape it to your bathroom mirror and every morning when you wake up you read them as you brush your teeth. It sounds hokey, but it really does feel good way to shower yourself with compliments and acknowledge all the good stuff you've done rather than look in the mirror with criticism.
2. Bubble Bath Sundays - Why the heck not? You’ve got a tub. Get yourself some bubbles and a candle and have a date with some hot water. Wash away the week and get ready for another. When the time is right, you can invite your special someone to join you.
3. Honor Your Breath - Take a brief moment each night before you fall asleep and take a long deep breath. Say thank you for the breath you breathe.
4. Take a Chance - Make this the year you will take the chances you get to be more YOU. Always wanted to go rock climbing? Go ahead and say hello to that cute guy standing in line in front of you at the coffee shop. Feel ready to look for a new job? Go out on that blind date. Sign up for an online dating site. Try out the hot Pink lipstick. See how well you can rock a sheer shirt. Reconnect with a grammar-school friend on Facebook. Write a poem. Say out loud what you'd like to make happen in 2013. You never know what can happen when you take a chance!
5. Be More Kind - Look for opportunities to show little acts of kindness here and there. Go ahead and let that car get in front of you. Open the door for someone. Write a love letter or thank-you note. Call your mother. Hold the elevator even though you are in a hurry. Take notice and be kind.
More from YourTango: How To Get Financially Stable After Divorce
6. Here’s to Your Health - You want to live to make many more New Years Resolutions, right? You have to be healthy. Make small changes. Cut the soda. Eat more fruits and veggies. Walk instead of drive. Quit smoking. Join a gym. You have to treat your body right to really love it.
7. Watch "The Notebook" - It’s the loviest love story and Ryan Gosling is smoking hot in it too. Remind yourself of what type of love you want in your life.