Calm your nerves with these 5 tips.
First dates can be dreaded and extremely awkward because when our nerves take over, we naturally constrict our emotions. This is why first dates should not be used to assess if this is our "forever" person. Use any first date to see if you can simply enjoy an evening with this person in the now. To have a great first date we have to be free with ourselves as if we are just going to meet a friend. We are the most appealing when we are relaxed and happy.
5 ways to make a first date easy:
1. Be On Time: There is not a worse way to start off a date then to show up late. It immediately shows a lack of interest or a lack of importance for the time to be spent. Show that you are responsible and interested. A sense of responsibility is sexy.
2. Be Open: If you can be open on a first date, the conversation will go a lot smoother. Of course, nerves are a part of any first date, but you do not want to let your nerves take over and either cause you to talk too much or talk too little. There is nothing worse than to feel you have to carry a conversation for a quiet person, or to not be any part of a conversation with a too talkative person. Balance is sexy.
3. Be Curious: You are with a new person and obviously there is some interest. Ask light flirtatious questions and be interested in the answer. You do not want the date to come off as an interview. Lighten your mood and ask questions that are simple and easy to answer. Make sure you show your curiosity through your eye contact. Eye contact shows your own inner confidence and your interest in what is being shared with you. Keep Reading...
More first date advice from YourTango:
- 8 Romantic Daytime Date Ideas
- First Date Dos and Don'ts
- Think Outside The Cafe: 5 Creative First Date Ideas [EXPERT]