By Kelly Rouba, GalTime.com
Finding love is never easy — or so it seems when you're single. As many women will admit, the bar scene isn't always an ideal place to meet men, and flirting with someone at work is sometimes frowned upon.So if you are "looking for love in all the wrong places," as the song goes, or just unsure of where to mingle with eligible singles, GalTime's relationship expert Nikki Leigh has a few suggestions that just might help you get on the right path to meeting the man of your dreams. When Does a Guy Deserve a Second Look?
According to Leigh, it's possible to meet someone just about anywhere. Whether it's while shopping at the grocery store, or while working out at the gym. But if you're looking for a true partner, "there is a strategy or two that can help you find someone that you're more likely to be attracted to and really interested in." She says, adding, "if you want to meet someone that may be more compatible with you and (who shares) your likes and dislikes, think about meeting people in places and around things that really interest you."
For example, Leigh says, "If you love to read, you could meet someone at a library, or at a book store, or at a book reading or signing. If you are very health-conscious, think about (going to) a gym or a health food store."
Also keep in mind when you're looking for love, it's important to be open-minded. "A key to meeting people is to always be open to the idea of making new friends and reaching out to people," Leigh asserts. Leigh is sharing some of her tips about unexpected places to find love.
9 Unexpected Places to Find Love
- The post office
- On the bus, subway, or other public transportation
- In a night class, or another type of class such as cooking.
- At a church or church event
- At local senior events, especially if you are an older adult. Many colleges are hosting "young alumni" events and organizations have mixers for young professionals.
- Online (aside from dating sites, you may also want to try gaming sites or sites devoted to hobbies that interest you)
- In the park
- At a local store
More How To Get A Man Advice from YourTango:
- How To Get Your Man To Dance On Date Night
- How To Find A Good Man To Marry? Use Your Common Sense
- Adultery: The Secret Behind Why Men Cheat