· Throw a painting party! The biggest change you can make in a room is painting the walls a new color. Forget hiring out the job and instead set aside a Saturday afternoon during the warmer weather when you and your family can all pitch in to make this happen. Of course, you must share your talents with the family members helping you out with this project when they are ready to do their own.
Related: How to Cover Up an Ugly Wall
· Give your kitchen an instant facelift. If you don’t have enough time or money to replace kitchen cabinets, paint them! You can also inexpensively change the hardware on your cabinets. Websites like E-bay have a great selection of fun and low-cost hardware for your cabinetry that will really give your kitchen a new look.
· Light up your patio. Pull out your Christmas lights from storage and string them along your deck, back yard tree overlooking the patio or arbor to make it festive. During the spring and summer seasons, the patio can become an extension of your living space. Add inexpensive planters containing brightly colored flowers. If you’re in search of an inexpensive outdoor table and chair set, consider purchasing at a local flea market, garage sale or consignment shop.
More from GalTime:
- Why Every Kitchen Needs a White Board
- Mother's Day Party DIY Decorations
- Garage Sales: Your Clutter is Someone Else's Treasure
- Are You Doing Your Laundry Wrong?
RedPlum.com – one of the largest providers of online and newspapers coupons and savings Lisa Reynolds is Redplum's Mom-Saver-In-Chief and also hosts RedPlum's radio show.