It doesn't have to cost a fortune to revamp your home. A few simple tips will do the trick.
You want to give your main living space a facelift before summer comes to bring some life to your home, but you don't have a diva's design budget? No problem! We turned to online coupon giant RedPlum and its Mom-Saver-in-Chief Lisa Reynolds for some simple ways to spruce up your space without spending a whole heck of a lot, if anything at all.
· Rearrange your living space. You can make a dramatic difference rearranging instead of redecorating --simply use what you already have. Switch out lamps, pillows, area rugs, picture hangings and even window coverings from room to room. De-clutter and rearrange to give your room a new look. Consider adding warm, personal and cozy touches like a vase of fresh flowers from your back yard or tie a group of blankets together with a big ribbon and place on the couch.
· Look online for inspiration. Instead of purchasing glossy home décor magazines or hiring an interior designer, look to Pinterest, one of the fastest growing social media channels, for redecorating advice and inspiration. Make sure you also check out websites like redplum.com for ideas and save.com for savings opportunities.
Related: Why Homes in Magazines Are a Joke
· Take advantage of free DIY education resources. Make sure to sign up for free classes, pick up DIY instructions in-store or watch videos offered by home improvement stores like Lowe’s, Home Depot and Menards as they usually offer classes that help those who are interested in enhancing their knowledge for future DIY home projects.
· Peel, stick and decorate. Decorating has never been so easy and inexpensive. Personalize the walls of your home with Wall Candy Arts. These peel-and-stick decals come in a variety of fun shapes, sizes and savings. Since many of these decals can also be used as chalkboards, you can add them to the front of your fridge and cabinets so your children can express their artistic capabilities.
· Throw a painting party! The biggest change you can make in a room is painting the walls a new color. Forget hiring out the job and instead set aside a Saturday afternoon during the warmer weather when you and your family can all pitch in to make this happen. Of course, you must share your talents with the family members helping you out with this project when they are ready to do their own.
Related: How to Cover Up an Ugly Wall
· Give your kitchen an instant facelift. If you don’t have enough time or money to replace kitchen cabinets, paint them! You can also inexpensively change the hardware on your cabinets. Websites like E-bay have a great selection of fun and low-cost hardware for your cabinetry that will really give your kitchen a new look.
· Light up your patio. Pull out your Christmas lights from storage and string them along your deck, back yard tree overlooking the patio or arbor to make it festive. During the spring and summer seasons, the patio can become an extension of your living space. Add inexpensive planters containing brightly colored flowers. If you’re in search of an inexpensive outdoor table and chair set, consider purchasing at a local flea market, garage sale or consignment shop.
More from GalTime:
- Why Every Kitchen Needs a White Board
- Mother's Day Party DIY Decorations
- Garage Sales: Your Clutter is Someone Else's Treasure
- Are You Doing Your Laundry Wrong?
RedPlum.com – one of the largest providers of online and newspapers coupons and savings Lisa Reynolds is Redplum's Mom-Saver-In-Chief and also hosts RedPlum's radio show.