5. Ignoring the Blaring Red Flags: Often times, instead of ending a relationship, men call less, text less and show up less. Still, we push for the relationship. We believe there is a chance for change because he hasn't ended the relationship. The thing is men hardly ever end relationships. They show us through actions, and in many cases... it's their inaction that shows us they want out. That's when we must stop fighting for a relationship that no longer exists.
Related: 5 Things Women Wish Men Knew
More from YourTango: 11 Ways To Save When Shopping for Shoes
6. Talking About/Comparing Exes: Nothing kills a relationship faster than talking about your ex-boyfriend and comparing him to your current beau.This leads your partner to feel insecure, with good reason. He doesn't need to know that your ex gave you multiple orgasms or that he was the one that got away. If you are still dwelling on your last boyfriend, you shouldn't be with your new one.
7. Compromise Is Not Sacrifice: Women sacrifice themselves for the good of all. We are everything to everyone, forgetting about our needs and what makes us happy. In romantic relationships, we suck it up and "compromise" on relationship deal breakers because we are afraid of the consequences. We hold it in because we want to be the perfect girl. The thing is there is no such thing as perfect.
So, when you are in your next relationship, take note of these common mistakes. Remember who you are and what you stand for. Leave the drama, self-sacrifice and mistrust behind, and self-analyze to find solace in heartache. Remembering what NOT to do can give you better chance at lasting love.
More from GalTime:
More from YourTango: Six Ways to Take Your Look from Beach to Bistro
- Manspeak: 10 "Dude-isms" Translated
- 5 Singles' Setbacks and How to Get Back on Track
- 9 Unexpected Places to Find Love
- 4 Things Men Worry About
Sujeiry Gonzalez is the “Latina Carrie Bradshaw” with a little more sass, a lot more Bacardi and a ton of laughs. Previously a dating blogger for Latina.com, this funny and vibrant relationship (non)expert is currently the New York Modern Love Examiner for Examiner.com. She has been featured on the PIX Morning News and La Mega (97.9FM) and has rocked the single gal relationship market since 2006. Sujeiry recently published Love Trips: A Collection of Relationship Stumbles, the ultimate what-not-to-do relationship book as it chronicles her failed relationships and attempts at love.