With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we turn our collective focus on gratitude and the importance of giving back.
Mother Teresa once said, "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." This simple truth serves as an important reminder that even a small act of kindness can make a big difference in the life of someone in need.
You don't need to have a lot of time or financial resources to make a positive difference. Let's take a look at 6 ways to give from your heart without spending a dime.
1. Volunteer: Giving of yourself is the most generous gift of all. Whether you choose to volunteer your efforts at a hospital, library, local school, church, or shelter, the gift of your energy is invaluable. The time you spend in service of causes you believe in will feed your soul and inspire you to do more.
2. Donate: We're all holding on to a lot of stuff we don't need. Clear out your personal space and donate unwanted household goods and clothing to people and organizations that need it most. Encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to do the same because doing good feels good!
3. Go online: Gimundo rounded up five incredible websites that allow you to donate to a variety of important causes for free by simply going online.
4. Get involved: Participate in fundraising opportunities that support charitable causes you believe in.
RELATED How to Volunteer From Home-10 Tips
5. Become an inspiration: The single greatest way to give back is to serve as a positive role model. Whether you're a shining example of philanthropy within your community or a model of integrity and character within your home, strong character and enthusiasm for social good is contagious!
6. Look around: Consider the people around you who are in need of support. Perhaps a coworker is dealing with an ailing mother or a pregnant friend is on strict bed rest, seize opportunities to lend heartfelt support. Whether you provide a home cooked meal, or simply lend a listening ear, your personal interest can make a tremendous difference to someone facing a challenging situation.
With a little time and attention, every one of us has the power to do great things. And since kindness needn't be a seasonal activity, let's make giving a priority all year long!
More from GalTime.com: