By Holly Lefevre, The Everything Wedding Etiquette Book
We've all heard of out of control brides - wild and demanding ladies (and don't be fooled, men get in on the action too!) who expect an unattainable level of so-called perfection and will stop at nothing to get their way. Yelling at the bridesmaids and berating "soon-to-be's" is almost celebrated. BUT, really-- is that how you want to be remembered? It may get you on TV, but it won't score you any points...with anyone now or in the future!
You may be wearing white on your wedding day and be the center of attention... but that is not forever. Grace and courtesy is always in style. Here are a few tips to help you keep control and a level head and most of all for being a gracious bride... grace and poise look good on everyone!
1. Follow etiquette. Just because others do not know proper etiquette, doesn’t mean you should ignore it.
2. Be humble and gracious. You may be a bride now, but soon you will re-enter life as a mere mortal. Keep the excitement and stress of the big day in check.
3. Mind your manners. You cannot go wrong with “Please” and “Thank you.”
5. GUESTS are GUESTS! Don’t keep them waiting and don’t ask them to pay for anything and make them feel welcome.
6. Express your gratitude. Thank you notes are a must. It is never wrong to express your thanks to your parents, your guests, and your vendors.
Ultimately, carrying yourself with grace and dignity will make you a memorable bride. You will be tested along the way for sure, but trust yourself. If it doesn’t feel right don’t do it. Now go and enjoy this special time in your life.
More from GalTime: