More from YourTango: Want To Improve Your Marriage? Get Organized With Weekly Meetings
Guys. Love. Summer.
If I have to spell it out for you about why we love these "dog days" days… ok, here it goes. As the temperature rises, unspoken relationship rules loosen up.
So let’s have a little fun with this. Here are five things that may usually be "out of the question" but you ought to consider giving your man a hall pass on (at least for a few months).
5 Things to Give Him a Pass On This Summer
1. Chick Checking. More sun equals more heat. More heat means fewer clothes! We all know that guys are visual creatures. We look, and sometimes stare, at attractive women. We try to be subtle (but we aren’t always successful) at trying to sneak a peek at the hot lady who just walked by. Hey, as long as the guy is trying not to be obvious, let it slide.
2. Be The Trophy. Come on now. Your man digs the way you look. He likes it when you show it off! It’s always funny how a woman's self-image is so different from what her guy actually thinks of her. Forget the long sleeves and pants... don’t keep the body (that turns him on) hidden all summer long!
3. Indulging. It’s summer time. That means there’s going to be barbecues and cookouts every weekend. Let him eat. Resist the temptation to ask him to do something about that expanding waistline. He’ll get to it in September… pinky promise.
4. Big Screen Explosions. How about a little give and take? A little reciprocity? The rest of the year, he's taking you to the movie theater to see flicks that include plenty of chicks... like Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Katherine Heigl, Jennifer Aniston, and Reese Witherspoon. Just for a few months, let him ease up on the estro-fest without giving him any guilt. Allow the dude to get his superhero/action/horror/Adam Sandler fix!
More from YourTango: How Often Should You Bathe Your Baby?
5. Flying Solo. Your family is great. Your friends are awesome. Can’t they be great and awesome WITHOUT him sometimes? Sure, if he’s a decent guy, he’s going to be your plus-one at every event that you ask him to attend. But you must know that he’d rather be out with his boys half the times you want to go hang out with your “couple friends” or those evenings at your parents’ place for dinner.
Say, “Honey, you can have the place to yourself for the weekend, I’m going off to a girl’s only trip.” He’ll love it – even when he protests, “Aw sweetie, you know how much I can’t stand being without you.” Yeah right. As soon as you hit the door he’s planning a bar night with the fellas.
Ok, so I’m mostly kidding about these things. Mostly. But in all sincerity, aren’t there a few little things you could do for your guy this summer that would just tickle him pink?