4. That Little Voice -- Does that little voice inside your head tell you to run in the other direction? Does that voice tell you that you are being treated unkind? Does that voice tell you that something is wrong even if you can’t quite put your finger on it? That little voice is right. It’s your guardian angel - your inner voice. Listen to her, she’s right.
5. Passive Aggressive Sneak - This abuser thinks he’s clever and can always fall back on the, “I’m just joking!” line. You hear things like, “Why are you getting so upset?” and often find yourself confused for someone with “your past” even though he’s “sorry you feel that way.”
More from YourTango: The One Thing He Can't Do For You
I want to give you a mantra to say until you understand that verbal abuse is wrong: “It’s not me, it’s YOU!”
More from YourTango: How to Get Financially Stable After Divorce
Say this over and over again until it sinks into your brain. Never ever sacrifice your self-esteem or self -worth for someone who doesn’t respect you and treat you kindly. If you are being verbally or physically abused, seek help right away. Contact THE HOTLINE at 1-800-799-7233 and seek legal resources and help at WomensLaw.org.
More from GalTime.com:
- Why You Shouldn't Buy Her a Ring for the Holidays
- 6 Rules For Fighting Fair
- Happily Single at the Holidays
- 4 Things Men Worry About