Getting on the scale to see the same number over and over again is frustrating and leads many of us to want to throw in the towel. But don't give up yet! We asked GalTime Registered Dietitian Elisa Zied for the top 5 reasons we all get stuck at one time or another when we're trying to lose weight.
1. You're too sedentary. You may be going to the gym, but you may also be sitting around much of the rest of the day. Don't think you can take it easy just because you hit the treadmill for an hour. You need to move throughout the day in order to burn calories. Too much sedentary time can also mean more frequent eating.
2. You're eating out too much. When you eat out a lot, chances are you consume more calories than you think --- not to mention more weight-retaining sodium or fat.
3. You're eating while standing... or on the go... or while working at your desk. When you eat like this, chances are you're focusing less on your food and doing more mindless eating. This can contribute to you taking in more calories than you think, and can potentially cause you to feel less satisfied from the meal/snack.
Related: Do You Need Cake Therapy?
4. You're snacking too often. Yes, it's great to consume small, frequent meals/snacks so that you don't walk around feeling starved all day, but if you eat by the clock and not when you're truly hungry, you will likely consume more calories than you think.
5. You're not being honest about how much you're really eating. You may think you're cutting calories when, in fact, you may not be. It takes a deficit of 500 calories per day --- from eating less and increasing physical activity --- to lose 1 pound of fat each week.
Any other pitfalls you want us to know about? Let us know!
More from GalTime.com
Summer Can Wreak Havoc on Your Teeth
Get the Most Out of Your Treadmill Workout
Train for Your First 5K
Yoga Moves for a Bikini Ready Belly
5 Foods For Wrinkle Protection
How To Keep Your Skin Safe This Summer