10. Maintain Your Purchase: Take care of your shoes. Clean footwear immediately when it gets dirty. Give shoes time to dry out, or sprinkle baking soda inside to absorb odors and sweat. Leather needs to be regularly polished and buffed. Treat suede shoes with a water-resistant spray at least once a year. Store off-season shoes in containers. The bags your newspaper is delivered are perfect for this.
11. DIY: You don't have to be a crafty mastermind to turn an old pair of boring black heels into dazzling duds. Pick up a few mini-jewels from a craft store and glue them to the heel or toe box. Voila! You've got a new pair of party shoes. Shoe clips are another easy way transform plain pumps.
More from YourTango: Six Ways to Take Your Look from Beach to Bistro
More from GalTime:
More from YourTango: How to Keep Your Crazy Hormones in Check!
- Fashion Trend: Midi-Ring
- How to Dress Yourself Slim
- Hottest Bright Clutches Under $50!
- 10 Ways to Solve Common Wardrobe Disasters
Andrea Woroch is an established consumer-savings expert passionate about helping individuals discover financial freedom. She understands everyday costs quickly add up and life can get expensive. Her goal is to teach consumers how to live on less without radically changing their lifestyles. From smart spending tips to personal finance and savings advice, Andrea transforms everyday consumers into savvy shoppers.