There are plenty of tricks for bagging name brands for less!
By Consumer Savings Expert Andrea Woroch for GalTime.com
These days, luxury shoe brands have just as much cache in Hollywood as gowns by Versace and Vera Wang. Although few of us can afford runway quality footwear, there are plenty shopping tricks to follow for bagging name brands for less. Here are 11 ways you can save on shoes.
1. Make a list. Go through your closet and decide what you need. Figure out which shoes are run down at the heel and which have plenty of road left in them. Those red peep-toe pumps may be your absolute favorite, but if the patent leather is kaput, it's time to toss them.
2. Match the rest of your wardrobe. Consider your clothing color palette. If you'd love purple pumps, but they won't match any of your clothes, resist the temptation. Also, consider whether you need heels, flats and boots in staple shades, like brown and black. How To Make The Most Of An Empty Nest
3. Shop online with coupons. Look for sites that offer free shipping both ways. That way, you can try on shoes without the pain of paying for return shipping. Also, remember to look for coupons and discounts on sites like FreeShipping.org and RetailMeNot.com.
4. Quality check. Look for stitching, rather than glue, at the edges. Check for heels that wobble, have loose threads or are discolored. Also, opt for real leather when possible, and make sure you aren't overpaying for cheaper, plastic styles. Finally, always make sure you're getting sufficient arch support.
5. Are those boots made for walking? Don't just check footwear out in the floor mirror. Give each pair a serious test run in the store. Try crouching to see if they grip your foot or fall off. Walk at different speeds to see if the shoes will rub your feet raw. If you buy your dream pair, then realize they're too tight, bring them to a cobbler to get stretched. 9 Surprising Places To Find Love
More love advice from YourTango Experts:
- Why Can't I Find A Relationship?
- 5 Ways To STOP Complaining And Appreciate The Life You Have
- 10 Sly Ways To Say "I Love You" Without Ever Using The L-Word