Admit it... we've all had those moments. We can't live with them, but we can't live without them!
I got engaged on New Year's a few years ago. It was so exciting going into the new year with plans of an exciting new life with the man I love.
Maybe, for you, you got more than snow and a cold this holiday and Santa brought you a little ice for your finger. Congratulations!
It's an exciting time and also a scary time, because you have to take the guy as is, with his pros and cons. Hopefully, this list will give you a little insight into married life and get you excited for your wedding! Even with his quirks, my husband is the best thing in my life.
10 reasons it is great to have a husband
1. SEX ANYTIME.
2. He's your sherpa. Having someone to handle directions and maps, read manuals, take out the trash, carry your suitcase, and do other errands that you hate.
3. Having a life-size Ken doll to dress up in cute outfits! He’s a giant toy with a lifetime warranty. You can also manscape your Ken doll for hours of fun.
4. He's your Millow – your own personal, full-size, custom, heated, interactive pillow to sleep on and cuddle at night. And, it automatically turns to lend support from the back when you turn over! There’s nothing like it. If everyone had one, there would be no need for Ambien.
5. Seeing the one you love every day.
6. Someone to cook for (who will eat anything).
7. Dog walker in the house. I no longer have to do the dreaded last walk at night before bedtime.
8. You're officially an adult, no matter how old you are. Your family now sees you as an adult since you are a couple, so they don’t expect you to share a bedroom with your sister on family trips or holidays. Plus, they don’t expect you to babysit as much or be free for their needs because they thought you had no life when you were single (wrong!).
9. Companionship at all times. Watching movies, going out to dinner, Sunday breakfasts and all that.
10. Date! The holidays are so fun and festive with a hubby. Plus, there's always a hot date available on Valentine’s Day and New Year’s.
RELATED How to Date Your Husband
10 reasons it sucks to have a husband
1. SEX ANYTIME.
2. Housework on the double. Having to pick up after someone and do double the laundry for the rest of your life.
3. Noise pollution. Men are noisy. They clear their throats constantly and make a commotion just getting out of their chair. You may want to take a nice quiet relaxing bath but that’s exactly when they decide they want to come and remind you that they are going on a biz trip tomorrow and “Is my blue shirt back from the cleaners?”
4. Gaining a second family. I was having a hard enough time with my own!
5. Seeing the one you love every day…when you’re pissed at them and want to kill them.
6. It's pretty ho-hum. My married life seems boring compared to my single friends who are out partying and have hilarious dating stories. My “I made chicken” just sounds pitiful.
7. You kind of have to get a second opinion. Now you have to consult him when you want to redecorate or make a big purchase which can mean lengthy negotiations and stress. I have learned that I can get away with just going ahead and buying some things and he will learn to live with it, like the tree wallpaper I put in the bathroom. (I hope he’s not reading this).
8. The fanfare fades. Getting dressed for a night out is now very seldom and does not produce the fanfare or excitement it used to. Your audience has “been there, seen that.”
9. It can be like living in a fairy world. My husband sometimes acts like some fairy goes around replenishing the refrigerator, emptying the garbage in the bathroom, picking stuff up, and putting new bathmats in the bathroom. There is no thank you because the fairy must have done it, not you. And fairies don’t need thanking. It’s what they do.
10. My chances with George Clooney are getting slimmer.
What are your pros and cons of having a husband?
More from GalTime.com:
- Four Biggest Mistakes MEN Make in Bed
- Secrets to Staying Married for 50 Years (or More!)
- Top 10 Things Guys Wish they Could Say...
- 5 Sexy Props... from Your Fridge!