I got engaged on New Year's a few years ago. It was so exciting going into the new year with plans of an exciting new life with the man I love.
Maybe, for you, you got more than snow and a cold this holiday and Santa brought you a little ice for your finger. Congratulations!
It's an exciting time and also a scary time, because you have to take the guy as is, with his pros and cons. Hopefully, this list will give you a little insight into married life and get you excited for your wedding! Even with his quirks, my husband is the best thing in my life.
10 reasons it is great to have a husband
1. SEX ANYTIME.
2. He's your sherpa. Having someone to handle directions and maps, read manuals, take out the trash, carry your suitcase, and do other errands that you hate.
3. Having a life-size Ken doll to dress up in cute outfits! He’s a giant toy with a lifetime warranty. You can also manscape your Ken doll for hours of fun.
4. He's your Millow – your own personal, full-size, custom, heated, interactive pillow to sleep on and cuddle at night. And, it automatically turns to lend support from the back when you turn over! There’s nothing like it. If everyone had one, there would be no need for Ambien.
5. Seeing the one you love every day.
6. Someone to cook for (who will eat anything).
7. Dog walker in the house. I no longer have to do the dreaded last walk at night before bedtime.
8. You're officially an adult, no matter how old you are. Your family now sees you as an adult since you are a couple, so they don’t expect you to share a bedroom with your sister on family trips or holidays. Plus, they don’t expect you to babysit as much or be free for their needs because they thought you had no life when you were single (wrong!).
9. Companionship at all times. Watching movies, going out to dinner, Sunday breakfasts and all that.
10. Date! The holidays are so fun and festive with a hubby. Plus, there's always a hot date available on Valentine’s Day and New Year’s.
RELATED How to Date Your Husband
10 reasons it sucks to have a husband
1. SEX ANYTIME.
2. Housework on the double. Having to pick up after someone and do double the laundry for the rest of your life.