More from YourTango: Want To Improve Your Marriage? Get Organized With Weekly Meetings
There’s nothing quite like the holiday season to send panic into our bank accounts. If you find your holiday budget is a little too slim or you’re simply looking to make a little extra cash, this holiday season is the perfect time to go into business for yourself!
According to Bizinate CEO, Rudy DeFelice, “[Today’s families] have cut everything they can and are looking to earn more.” If that sounds like you, check out these 10 creative ways to make extra money this holiday season:
1. Hang Christmas lights: Hanging Christmas lights is hard work, which is exactly why folks will pay you to do it for them. Depending on your experience and comfort-level, hanging lights is a potential gold mine. Want to know the best part? You can charge again for your return after Christmas to take the lights down!
2. House cleaning: Capitalize on the fact that many folks don’t have the time or energy to clean their homes before hosting holiday parties or overnight guests. Offer cleaning services by the hour and before you know it, word of your great work will spread throughout your neighborhood!
3. Babysitting: Families need reliable babysitters more than ever this time of year. If you're willing to offer babysitting services during peak holiday shopping weekends or popular holiday party dates, your services will be in high demand! No parent wants attempt to do their Santa shopping with kids in tow or try and supervise their children while acting as party host - that's where you come in (for a fee)!
4. All things party: Hosting a holiday party can add an additional layer of stress during the holiday season, so why not offer your services to help plan the event, set up, serve guests, and clean-up? You can even offer your services as a designated driver! Cha-ching, hear those merry bells ring!
5. Holiday crafts: Are you a craft wizard? Now's your time to craft your way into cold hard cash! Participate in local holiday craft fairs in your community and sell your goods online.
More from YourTango: How Often Should You Bathe Your Baby?
6. Holiday cards: Stuffing, addressing, and stamping holiday cards can be a time-consuming process. Larger businesses have literally hundreds (if not thousands) of holiday cards to send out this time of year. Offer your expert holiday card services to local businesses, friends and family for a fee.