- Don’t bore a woman with your never-ending novel-like life story no matter how interesting it can be in your perception. Keeping your stories brief but enough to show interest is a good strategy. Very long talks, e-mails, and profiles are boring especially for women who are not as interested yet. Such may be interesting for women who like you already. Reserve all those talks at the right time. Women also want some mysteries to solve; don’t preempt the discovery process.
- Don’t drown a woman with too many and too frequent e-mails and IM messages. These do not only make you to appear over interested, these erases your ‘enigma’ too that rules out challenge and the prospect or learning and discovering each other. What else is there to talk about when you have already covered every inch of your persona? One or two e-mails a day and a few minutes of IM are good enough. Assess the stage at which your ‘getting-to-know-each-other’ is in and make adjustments.
- Don’t talk about sex or anything intimate until the woman herself showed some interest. But, even then, don’t assume anything as to how far she is willing to go or to talk about it; play it by ear. Sex talk is a very sensitive topic. It is either the woman will push you away because you jumped on it too soon or she’ll hate you for it because you are just too slow. Which is her type? Try to find first before making your moves just like in real life.
- Don’t weave too many stories that aren’t true. It is almost impossible to remember everything you say that isn’t real; you need to keep a log of everything you lie about and to whom if you are online dating several women. That is too tedious; keep everything simple by being honest. If there are certain things you’d rather keep under wraps, then, keep it that way by not talking about it. It isn’t lying when you are just keeping mum about something, isn’t it?
- Don’t oversell yourself in the profile; that is a testimony of being overzealous about the entire online dating game. Women like men who are cool, with calculated moves and who know exactly what they want. Eagerness is not an attractive male feature that women will go crazy about. Instead, be bold in the profile by showing enough confidence to actually make women want to read more. Set yourself apart from the rest and supply that with the right profile picture that paints a thousand words. If you need help, ask a woman what she thinks of your photo.
And most of all, be the man that women love to have. Be caring and be sensitive. Show interest by asking the right questions. Show loyalty by being a one-woman man. That means, do not entertain or go into online dating with too many women. Even if the women will not or will never know, it is hard to develop a good relationship with one particular woman when your mind is going loco over so many. Real life or virtual life, nothing much really changes; these online dating tips are actually just reflections of how to be good man after all.
Contributed by FindYourPlusOne.com powered by eMatchopolis.com
More from YourTango: Five Ways to Cure Being Chronically Single