Just like exercise and a healthy diet, happiness is a lifestyle. It's a way of seeing things positively and more constructively for yourself. It is also a practice. Some people are naturally happy people, but for others, it can be a struggle.
If you are on a pursuit of happiness, here are a handful of motivational quotes to help you along your way.
- Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them.
- Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.
- Saying yes to happiness means saying no to things and people that stress you out.
- The happiness of your thoughts depends on the quality of your thoughts.
- Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
- A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on tour.
- You deserve to be happy.
- Choose happiness.
- Happiness often sneaks in a door you did not think was open.
- The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
- Happiness wants you. Let it in.
- Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
- You can't buy happiness, but you can buy cupcakes and that's kind of the same thing.
- Happiness will never come to those who do not appreciate what they already have.
- There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
- People are just as happy as they make themselves up to be.
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.
- Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.
Choose an above quote or find one of your own and make it your mantra. You can pick several, too. Happiness is a choice, but it is also a habit. It takes twenty-eight days to create a habit. Commit to living a happiness mindset for a day, then a week. Let the weeks turn into months and the months will become your way of life. In ten years, you can look back and say you've spent it being happy, and not merely looking for happiness.
Contributed by Kimberly James, MatchMaster & Dating Expert, www.findyourplusone.com