11. Keep him on his toes with surprises. You can leave a sweet note in his jacket or under his pillow. Maybe you know he has a hard day ahead and you order his favorite take-out to be sent to his work.
12. Motivate your man. Your enthusiasm and passion to drive him to fulfill his goals will make him realize that not only are you independent but someone he wants to wake up to everyday.
More from YourTango: Six Morning After Rules
13. Learn his language. When he's thirsty, he's thirsty. When he says "yes" he means "yes" and not "no." When he says he's hungry, well you better get some food in his stomach soon. Also note men don't like to walk around when they are hungry looking for a restaurant as us women will do.
14. Do not try to change him. Trying to create this ideal image of the perfect man is not only going to create a strain on you but also on him. He is who he is. Take it or leave it.
15. Don't get drunk and out of control. As fun as you may have with your friends at times, men don't like to see their girlfriends trashed.
More from YourTango: Do You Need Closure For All Relationships?
Contributed by Telina McCord, Dating Expert, http://www.findyourplusone.com Fascinated by the world of dating she wrote her entire Masters thesis on The Evolution of Dating and became "The Girl Who Dated 30 Guys in 30 Days". Follow Telina's crazy tales and dating adventures as a RSVP to Love Matchmaker who is looking for her Plus One at http://www.TalesfromTelina.com