13 ways to bring more love into your life by showing more love in 2013.
The new year is quickly approaching. If 2012 wasn't everything you were hoping it would be, this is a great time to look forward to new opportunities, new experiences and a new outlook.
One of the core missions of FindYourPlusOne.com is to help members find love - be it for compassionship, friendship, casual dating or a long term relationship. To find love, one of the key pieces of advice offered is to attract love is to create more love in everyday life.
By showing acts of love, you can raise your levels of emotions that attract love. Scientific research has shown that behaviors associated with love can increase levels of oxytocin, also known as the "love hormone". Oxytocin is a hormone in your brain. When released, it creates heightened feelings of pair bonding, social attachment and decreased anxiety.
In preparation of the new year, here are thirteen ways to bring more love into your life for 2013.
- Volunteer - Spending time helping others is a great way to do good, feel good and share good. When you help others without any expectation of thanks or appreciation, not only is it a selfless act, but it's one that show's a great deal of love for a cause.
- Hobby - Take your passion to another level. If you are an avid waterskiier, commit to doing it more this year. If you always wanted to try yoga, now is the time. Whatever interest you have, expand and develop it further. By doing what you love, it makes you happier. It also puts you in circles to meet people who share your same interests.
- Exercise - It's a proven fact that exercise is an endorphin rush. It not only releases happy hormones into your body but it helps with reducing stress. Take a walk every day, ride a bike or go for a run. Whatever level you are at, do it. Daily.
- Socialize - Say yes to life. Visit family, go to your friend's birthday party, check out a book reading. Spend time being around people. Engage in conversation, say hello to a stranger and mind your manners. By showing up for people and offering respect, you are exhibiting kindness and that is a great act of love.
- Animals - Our animal kingdom friends have been proven to help with improving health conditions in sick and ailing people. Dogs, cats and horses are part of numerous wellness treatment programs across the country. Fish have been used to help with stress ridden individuals. Reduce your cortisol (stress) levels by spending time with your own pets, visiting a zoo or pet shelter. Lower stress creates a happy heart and a happy heart is open for love.
- Nature - Spend time out in the nature. Mother Nature has taken great care to design parks, mountains, rivers and oceans with breathtaking views. Be it once a week or once a month, take a hike or have a picnic in one of these scenic areas. By spending time in the great outdoors, it puts things into perspective just how majestic and beautiful life really is.
- Art - Through poetry, music or live theater, artists express creativity and passion. Embrace their love of the arts by reading more, going to a Broadway - or off Broadway - show. Learn about the arts and find something that resonates with you. Understanding someone else's passion is a great way to become inspired to find your own.
- Laughter - Choose happy. When you are going to a movie, reading a book or listening to music, you have the option to go for drama or for comedy. Try to keep things on the lighter side whenever possible. Limit the heavy dramas filled with violence, romantic entaglements or sadness. Gravitate towards the happy and the happy will gravitate towards you.
- Participate - Join community projects that show love. LoveBomb.com is an online initiative where members send a blog message to someone once a week who needs it. MoreLoveLetters.com collects hand written letters and sends them to people who need a little love in their life. By taking fifteen minutes a week to show love for a complete stranger, you are a part of a powerful movement of sharing compassion. Random acts of kindness are one of the greatest expressions of love.
- Vision - Create a 2013 vision board.Bring your goals to life through photos, words and action. Pick thirteen things that you want to happen this year and make a collage. Place this somewhere you can see every day. By visualizing what you want, you are taking a powerful step to draw those things into your life. The next step is taking action to make it happen. Fall in love with the idea of your dreams coming true.
- Travel - Take a day trip or plan a trip of the lifetime. Explore different surroundings and meet new people. Try different cuisine in your own neighborhood. Watch an episode on Travel Channel of somewhere you've never been or always wanted to go. Learn about what is outside of your comfort zone. Expand your radius of people and places and you will widen your opportunities. You may discover that there's no place like home or you may ingnite wanderlust. By changing your perspective you are opening your mind and your heart to new ways of thinking.
- Meditate - Daily meditation practice has been proven to help with personal development, career advancement and relationships. Health advocates such as Dr. Oz and spiritual guru Deepak Chopra incorporate mediation practice into their daily life. Spend ten to fifteen minutes a day calming your mind. During this time, you can set an intention to draw more love and loving opportunities into your life. A clear mind paves the way for goals and dreams to come true.
- Find - Find Your Plus One. Be open to the experience of having someone in your life. Determine if you want a casual or serious relationship and invest in the time and energy it takes to find a partner. Go to speed dating events, try online dating and tell your friends to set you up! Decide to let love find you while you actively look for it.
When making your New Year's resolutions, add bringing more love into your life to the list. You can choose to work one one tip every four weeks or try them all at once. By opening your heart, you're allowing love to flow in. Make 2013 the year of love!