So stop trying to figure out how to merge your bank accounts on date 2, stop hinting that you'd like a family on date 4, stop trying to know things about your future when you've only been together for six months. You might think you know after six months, but if my wife – or my friends' wives – pressured me or my friends for a lifetime decision after only six months together, none of us would be married right now. It's patently foolish for men to make a permanent decision to marry and bring children into the world unless they're really sure. You might not like to hear me telling you to just chill out, but it gets far better results than pressuring him to commit before he knows he's fully ready. How To Master Commitment
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Evan Marc Katz:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love