Realize that these are all contradictions. Sensitive artists want to talk. Entrepreneurs will work past six. Charmers will exploit their skills with women. Expecting otherwise is useless. If you're with a sensitive guy, it isn't about your boyfriend "overcoming" his emotional neediness for your sake. Nope. He's a nice guy who treats you like gold and wants to know where he stands. The only person who has to overcome anything is YOU. You need to make a choice: to put up with his emotional neediness (as so many men do with so many women), OR to break up with him and find a new guy, knowing full well that the new guy may not be as emotionally available as the current guy. It's not a clear-cut decision, nor should it be. But don't expect guys to be all things at all times. That's just wishful thinking.
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Evan Marc Katz:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love