I know that having a close group of friends have helped me get through some very hard times in my life, and I knew what I loved about my friends and why they are my friends, but I asked others what they look for in their “Wolfpacks”.
This is what they said:
• “They stick by your side when your grouchy, would do anything for you, etc. Unconditional Love!- Meg
• “A true friend accepts you unconditionally- your strengths and weaknesses. They are the person with whom you are your true YOU. They truly listen and have your back!- Robyn
• “If you call a person at 2 am and they not only answer the phone, but offer to come over. That’s a true friend.- Joanna
• “When you arrive at someone’s door, and by the time you set your bags down your others friends are pulling into her driveway.- Amy
• “If you cannot imagine life without them.”- Noel
• “If you would rather lose a relationship than their friendship, that’s how you know”.- Beth
• “They know what you need and will move heaven and earth to get if for you, even when you deny that you need it.”- Cathy
• “A true friend will tell you when you really should NOT wear what you *think* looks fabulous on you.”- Kim
• “A true friend is humble. A true friendship cannot last if built upon a foundation of pride, boasting or competition. So the communication between true friends needs to be generously sprinkled with humility; cheering each other on during your successes and comforting each other during time of loss.’- Susanna
• “A true friend finds a way to replace your tears with laughter. Especially when you ‘Ugly Cry’.”- Dawn
• “A real friend would never make you feel bad about yourself, your dreams, or your fears.”- Liz
Friends are what you need. In good times and bad… In sickness and health…Till death do you part. Yes, all the vows that go into marriage translate here as well. Life is hard and even harder without your friends holding you up when you need it most. I say, don’t fall for the trap that everyone is your BFF, because, unfortunately, not everyone is. Truth be told, only when the chips are down do we find out who is going to stick around.
Don't just gather numbers.
Gather pillars of strength. Ones that hold you up when your heart and faith are weak. Ones that raise you higher when it is your time to shine. Ones that will be strong with you or for you. Ones that make you want to be better to yourself. For yourself. And there is no contest of numbers for that, although you DO reap the rewards.
I know I do…