5. He knows you love and accept him for who he is, but he also knows you will not tolerate bad behavior on his part. He knows your love is real and respects it because he sees it's not based on submissive compliance.
6. He likes that you need him but that you aren't 'needy'. Relying on one another is a part of a healthy relationship, but being "needy" (overly dependent) creates control and the desire to flee from it. How Do You Keep A Marriage Going?
7. He likes that you care about looking attractive in your own personal way. He doesn't expect you to look like a Hollywood starlet, but seeing that you care about your appearance makes him feel you value yourself and the relationship.
More from YourTango: How NOT To Ruin Valentines Day This Year
8. He feels respected and admired by you. There can't be love without respect. Feeling admired by the one you love enhances self-esteem; it renews both sexual and emotional passion between you two.
9. He never feels belittled or humiliated when you are angry at him. When you are angry and don't resort to personal attacks, you make it safe for him not to be defensive and rather more open to hearing your reasons for being upset.
More from YourTango: Why Good Women Love Bad Boys
10. He sees that you can let go of the past. You do not hold grudges, keep score or consistently feel victimized by life. This makes your marriage flexible rather than rigid, exciting rather than dull and open for a future of growing together.