3. Don’t seek romance, seek partnership. Romance is for dates, and fun to have on occasion in your marriage, but it’s partnership that will get you through the rough times. Don’t look for someone who sweeps you off your feet. That indicates a control freak, and you won’t like what happens later. Look for someone who likes give-and-take, who seeks your opinion and considers it, who cares about what you want, too.
Tina B. Tessina, Ph.D.
Dr. Romance Blog: http://drromance.typepad.com/dr_romance_blog/
Amazon author page http://amzn.to/rar7RC
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do