Follow these three tips to find a date...and maybe even more!
We all want to find true love but are we willing to do what it takes? Better yet, do we even know what it takes? Read on to learn the three steps I think you should consider while you're on the hunt to find "the one".
1. Know the difference between fooling around and building a real relationship. You can mess around with anyone (if you're careful and have safe sex) but before you bring someone into your life, or share money or living space, remember they're bringing baggage. Know what’s hidden – what’s not said at the beginning. After a while, their baggage becomes your problem. Remember, whoever you're dating is on best behavior. It gets worse later, not better.
2. Understand your own needs. Need a lot of space? Want lots of affection? Have to know what's going on all the time? Or are you able to relax and go with the flow? Whatever your style is, it's OK, but you need to know it and be able to communicate it to your future spouse. You can train each other, if you both know what you need.
3. Don't seek romance, seek partnership. Romance is for dates, and fun to have on occasion in your marriage, but it's partnership that will get you through the rough times. Don't look for someone who sweeps you off your feet. That indicates a control freak, and you won't like what happens later. Look for someone who likes give-and-take, who seeks your opinion and considers it, who cares about what you want, too.
When you know what you want in life and from a relationstip, you will have an easier time finding one that is perfect for you.
Free tips and courses to improve your relationship at LoveForever.com
More dating coach advice on YourTango:
- How I Became An Online Dating Coach
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Should Know
- Dating After Divorce: 3 Pitfalls To Avoid