Exercising doesn't have to be a chore with these tips!
Note: For those of you who live outside of Ottawa there are plenty of outdoor activity resources available online. Play tourist and visit sites like tripadvisor.com. Sites like this list a variety of activities available in your area.
1. Go for a nature walk or hike. Bring the kids, pack a picnic, and explore the great outdoors! One of the reasons I love living in Ottawa is because all of the great hiking and walking trails. Plan your hike ahead of time by researching the trail online. Most public trails have information concerning the degree of difficulty, length of trail, and additional activities offered.
If you live in the East End of Ottawa, I strongly suggest visiting Mer Bleue's Bog boardwalk. Learn about Canada's wetlands as you walk the 1.2 km interpretative trail. Want to burn more calories? Extend your stay and walk the 6 km trail through surrounding forest. Love Chocolate? How To Be Healthy About It
2. Take a walking tour of the city. Though travel may not be in your cards this summer, who says you can't be a tourist in your own city? Most big cities have walking tours that you can join for a relatively decent price (many offering discounts to families.) See the sights that your city is famous for and learn the stories behind them, all the while burning calories!
Most walking tours last anywhere from one to two hours and run throughout the day during the summer. They are a great way to get to know your city, as well as get some fresh air.
And for those of you who like to be spooked check to see if your city offers a Haunted Walk tour. Get exercise while following your tour guide through the dimly lit streets and stop to hear scary ghost stories along the way. Booooo!
More love advice from YourTango:
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Tell If A Man Is In Love With You
- Aww! 10 Things Men Cannot Get ENOUGH Of When It Comes To Women
- Why Can't I Find A Relationship?