Simplify your life!
A few months ago, I was reading a blog post on this person’s stop doing list and it really made me think. The following is a list of 15 things I think are important to put on our stop doing list for 2012 so we can be happier, healthier, and full of life!
1. Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is too short to spend time with friends or family members that render you miserable. If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you. You are worthy of great friends who support you on your best days and on your worst days. Don’t let negative people infiltrate your life, you deserve the best!
2. Stop running from your problems. – Deal with issues as they come! Don’t wait. It won’t be easy, but it will save you from a lot of emotional turmoil. Keep in mind, however, that no one is able to instantly solve problems. In fact, we’re made to get upset, sad, hurt, stumble and fall. Facing problems allows us to learn, adapt, and grow as a person.
3. Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. – How many of you devote yourself to your spouse, your children, and your friends but forget to schedule time for yourself? It’s important to help other, but even more important to help yourself. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.
4. Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. – Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes, have struggles, and regret past decisions. But we are not our mistakes! Don’t dwell on the past focus on the present and look forward to the future. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
5. Stop thinking you’re not ready. – That other job opportunity you’ve been eying, that vacation you’ve been dying to take – you’re ready for it! Stop doubting yourself and do it! Who knows what will happen tomorrow, live for today! Don’t let insecurities stop you from reaching your goals.
6. Stop trying to compete against everyone else. –Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only. Stop worrying about what your coworker or sister thinks of you! Every goal you undertake, every job you do should be for yourself- not to prove a point to someone else.
7. Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself. – Life’s curve balls are thrown for a reason – to shift your path in a direction that is meant for you. Sure, it’s hard to see the benefits at first, but be strong! Things will get better. Don’t dwell on the negative aspects of your life, focus on the positive and your circumstances will drastically improve- I promise.
8. Stop holding grudges. – Have you ever heard of holding a grudge as an effective means for conflict resolution? I think not. Let go and forgive. Forgiveness is not just for other people, it’s for you too.
9. Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others. – When all is said and done, who really cares what you do? Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it anyway. Do what you think is right!
10. Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments. – Take the time to enjoy the little things in life- a sunset, a joke among friends, or a compliment from a stranger. Oftentimes, these little things turn into the big moments in life, the moments we remember.
11. Stop blaming others for your troubles. – You are the master of your own life. Though others may have contributed to your hardships, you have the power to change your circumstances. Your problems are yours to change.
12. Stop trying to be everything to everyone. – Sorry to break it to you, but you are no super hero. Trying to be everything for everyone will only tire you out. Narrow your focus, and take time for yourself!
13. Stop worrying so much. – Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy. Can the issue be solved today? Will worrying about a certain circumstance improve anything? No, then stop worrying about it.
14. Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen. – It’s the Law of Attraction-focus or dwell on something and it will happen. Instead of thinking about the not so good aspects of your life, focus on what you want, and watch your life change for the better.
15. Stop being ungrateful. – No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs. Don’t think about what you are missing, think about all that you have!
Sure some of these are easier said then done, but even attempting to do so will greatly improve your life. Stop taking yourself for granted, stop over thinking things! You are an amazing person with the power to do anything you set your mind to.