How can one set new year goals quickly and effectively? Dr. Martha Tara Lee shares!
Have you set your new year goals for 2014? Or are you still in limbo? Perhaps you are dead set against goals of whatever sort because they don't work for you. Could it because there is the intention but no actual plan to break them down into achievable steps?
You might have heard of S.M.A.R.T. goals. It stands for:
S - Specific
M - Measurable
A - Achieveable
R - Realistic
T - Time-bound
To give you a idea of what a S.M.A.R.T. goal might look like, here are mine for 2014!
- Complete 365 drawings (one everyday) to hone my creativity
- Read 200 books (I didn't say how thick!)
- Publish 52 articles on YourTango or my own blog (averages one per week)
- Go on 10 overseas trips (I didn't say if it just to J.B. and back)
- Take 4 weeks off—take one week off every three months (Scheduled in!)
- Write 3 pages every morning for next three months, Jan to Mar (as in The Artist's Way)
I will continue to:
- Move and meditate 30 minutes a day
- Run my three online campaigns: Febulove, Eco Sex and Masturbation Month
Watch my fun video talking about 2014 goals here!
Are you curious about how I fared against my 2013 goals? In 2013, I did accomplish these goals:
- Publish my first book
- Read 52 books (152 in 2013!)
- Watch 52 DVDs
- Ran my 3rd Febulove, as well my 1st Eco-Sex and Masturbation Month campaigns
- Completed designing and lived Laughter Yoga Singapore site
- Exercise at least five times a week (did it almost everyday)
- Meditate everyday
We can set goals and resolutions but sometimes, there are things that need a period of gestation before coming to fruition. For more about my 2013, check out my milestones here.
What are your goals? And specifically your sex goals? Do give your goals a think and leave your comments below! And remember, it's not enough to just set goals. It is important to come up with a plan to fulfil them, which means setting aside the time to work towards them!
For my full blog post about my new year goals, click here.
Look out for my first video for 2014 where I will be talking about goal setting! You do have to subscribe to my enewsletter here though!
Dr Martha Tara Lee is Founder and Clinical Sexologist of Eros Coaching in Singapore. She is a certified sexuality educator with AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists), as well as certified sexologist with ACS (American College of Sexologists). She holds a Doctorate in Human Sexuality from Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality as well as certificates in practical counselling, life coaching and sex therapy. She is available to provide sexuality and intimacy coaching for individuals and couples, conduct sexual education workshops and speak at public events in Asia and beyond. For more, visit www.ErosCoaching.com.
More personal development coach advice from YourTango:
- 3 Simple Steps To Improve Your Self Confidence
- Love: Tips & Expert Advice
- The Best Relationship Advice On YourTango
This article was originally published at Eros Coaching. Reprinted with permission from the author.