As part of my second Eco Sex campaign, I researched the term "eco sexual" online and shall attempt to define what an Ecosexual is.
- Is a person who is dating or in a relationship situation (including with oneself) who is environmentally and socially conscious.
- Is someone who has a very strong interest in environmental issues affecting their lifestyle and choice of romantic partner.
- Would include choosing pesticide free foods and chemical free alternatives from medicine to household products.
- Might choose organic items and maybe seen driving a hybrid car.
- Living green is one of the, if not the most important part of their lives, and their love life is no exception.
- Are mostly vegetarians or at the very least are organic consumers.
- Are very health conscious and desire to make a difference in the world through their lifestyles.
- Believes that doing something starting from themselves is better than doing nothing.
- Regarded as free spirits, or free spirited people.
- May not necessarily associate themselves with any major religious groups.
If you're keen to date a fellow Ecosexual, you may want to check out Green Singles or PlanetEarthSingles.com. Find someone with the same values as you. Or If you're single and you just want somebody who is nice, check these sites out.
My Eco Sex campaign's message is about sustainable living by going green between the sheets and outside of the bedroom. The month brings attention to our relationship with our bodies. Besides addressing what you can do to feel good about yourself, it also highlights positive self-care habits, and includes being savvy about the purchase of personal care items including sex toys and lubricants. Subscribe to my Eco Sex campaign here. Follow my Eco Sex Facebook page here!
Dr Martha Tara Lee is Founder and Clinical Sexologist of Eros Coaching in Singapore. She is a certified sexuality educator with AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists), as well as certified sexologist with ACS (American College of Sexologists). She holds a Doctorate in Human Sexuality from Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality as well as certificates in practical counselling, life coaching and sex therapy. She is available to provide sexuality and intimacy coaching for individuals and couples, conduct sexual education workshops and speak at public events in Asia and beyond. For more, visit www.ErosCoaching.com.
More single advice on YourTango:
- Newly Single? How To Make A Fresh Start
- Why You Shouldn't Sweat Being Single
- How To Tell If A Guy Likes You