• One group of people are happy that they finally left a marriage where they were very unhappy. They feel that they have their life back, and sometimes even their health back. They feel relief and freedom and are proud of themselves that they finally got themselves out of a bad situation.
• The other group has huge regrets. They look back and see that, if they had hung in and worked on themselves, they could likely have created a loving relationship. They are disillusioned with their experience of dating, and realize that their ex is a good and caring person. Most of the time their ex has moved on and is in another relationship.
When is Divorce the Answer for you?
• You are married to a physically or emotionally abusive person who has no intention of healing.
• You are married to someone who refuses to carry his or her own weight and is draining you financially, and is unwilling to do the inner work necessary to heal. Keep reading...
More Divorce Content from YourTango
- How To Save Your Marriage When You Feel Hopeless
- Dating After Divorce: What You Need To Know
- How to Move On From A Painful Breakup