Are you, one of the 9 out of 10 women in our country today, who is in a war with your body? Do you believe the only way you’ll have the body you want, the body men will be attracted to, is by controlling your body: rigidly exercising, putting yourself on massively depriving diets, and repeatedly telling your body what is not OK about it (which is putting it mildly)? At rock bottom do you realize that you believe that your body is dangerous, not to be trusted and is the enemy? We live in a world where there is a profound mistrust and fear of our body. And the real truth is that your body can be a very trusted friend and partner.
Do you realize there is another way to live? Do you know your body is the way you experience life and if you lock it up, or are afraid of it, you deprive yourself of being fully alive, fully present, living moment to moment. Are you willing to unlock the door and stop treating your body as if it were a wild animal but rather a wise friend?
Are you ready to Love your Body, discover who and what it really is, break out of centuries of bondage, and reclaim your female power, beauty and freedom from the inside out???
HOW CAN WE LOVE OUR BODIES?
1. There is only one way: accept your body as it is now. There is a place in us that lives from acceptance and love, it loves and accepts what is, and doesn't judge. Look at your body from the place in you that loves and accepts what is.
2. Your acceptance has to be from you head and your heart. You are not accepting when your head says “I accept” while you are feeling otherwise from your your heart. That's conflict, not acceptance.
5. Make your body your friend and partner.
6. Enjoy the pleasure, your body can feel: sensual, subtle, sexy . . .
7. Listen to its pain—your body is your best barometer for letting you know attention must be paid--emotional or physical.
8. Listen to all the needs of your body: bodies like to rest, play, sleep, move, dance, breathe, and much more.
A NEW WAY
Did you know that you can accept your body and still choose to loose weight? But losing weight from fear or judgment is diametrically the opposite of losing weight from LOVE. Did you know that when you eat what your body wants and you eat slowly, really experiencing the food, you will eat less and you will lose weight naturally? Discover it's not your body that stuffs it's face when you are lonely, angry, frustrated . . . And when your body is being fed by life and all the other things it loves your body won’t want to eat as much, because food will not be it’s only source of pleasure.
Remember accepting you body as a friend is a process. It will take time. Be kind to yourself.
Take your first step . . .you are on your way to walking in balance, honoring the whole of you and living from love and trust, not fear and control. You are on your way toward ending your war. How good for you and our world.
I always want to hear from you.
Founder & Director of
LifeUnlimited: The Center for Human Possibility
1 212 595 7373