Life is fragile and we only get a short time to live with our children full time. I urge you to think ahead about the day they leave for some version of adulthood and what you will regret doing or not doing while you had them at home. Pick your battles and pick your adventures with your children. Will a clean room really matter down the road or will having a home filled with love, kindness, and the periodic donut be what all of you remember?
Are you thinking of making some parenting changes for 2013? Don't change these!
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Dr. Lisa Kaplin:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
FROM AROUND THE WEB