Life is fragile and we only get a short time to live with our children full time. I urge you to think ahead about the day they leave for some version of adulthood and what you will regret doing or not doing while you had them at home. Pick your battles and pick your adventures with your children. Will a clean room really matter down the road or will having a home filled with love, kindness, and the periodic donut be what all of you remember?
Are you thinking of making some parenting changes for 2013? Don't change these!
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Dr. Lisa Kaplin:
Kids have zero logic and usually win the logical argument. Almost 100% of the time, kids win the argument with "because you love me."
Trending Expert Advice
- 18 Ways To Keep Your Long-Term Relationship Sizzling
- 7 Obvious (But Overlooked) Ways To Fix A Very Broken Relationship
- Sorry, Unconditional Love Is Total Bullsh*t (And, Here's Why)
- Put The iPhone DOWN! 4 Ways Technology Is Killing Your Marriage
- Cindy And Beyoncé Are FLAWED? Uh, NO! But Your Thinking Sure Is!