If you long for the days when your relationship was new, Dr. Karen Sherman can help!
Now, I know that this idea is common sense and sounds simple. The problem is that you forget to do it. Perhaps it's really that a sort of mindlessness takes place. So, I want to suggest a couple of ideas for you to incorporate into your routines. When you do these simple things, it will show your mate that he or she is appreciated.
- Say "thank you" for the things they do — even the day-to-day routine things;
- Surprise them by picking up their favorite dessert;
- Send an email or text reminding them that you're thinking of them;
- Do a chore they don't like to make his or her life a little easier; and
- Smile when they walk into the room.
As you can see, none of these ideas take a great deal of effort, but they all will let your significant other know how much he/she means to you. And in the busy-ness of all else that goes on, it will really help to keep your relationship strong … and empowered!