5. Build your self-esteem. The better you feel about yourself the less you will fall prey to the sick behavior of others. You have the personal power and no one can take that away from you. Only you can allow your self-esteem to be diminished and only you can do what it takes to restore it. Speak with a knowledgeable counselor or competent self-esteem elevation coach, take on a self-study personal development program that will support you to increase your charisma, personal effectiveness, and ability to deal successfully with challenging situations and difficult people. Know that every problematic situation is there for your education, increase in knowledge and wisdom and can serve as a valuable lesson that you can use to grow in empathy and understanding. Consider such challenges as gifts you need to grow personally and spiritually and be better able to contribute your gifts and wisdom to others as a result of what you’ve learned through the process.
Children can learn to deal successfully with bullies and put an end to their abusive behavior.
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB