Reconnecting with yourself outside of other people's expectations.
You know what I don't like? When people try to define me by what the piece of paper says I "do." I'm more than that. Much more. And my guess is so are you. Just because you're a doctor doesn't mean you're a person of high moral value.
Just because you're a lawyer doesn't mean you're a person who's trustworthy. Just because you've been to jail doesn't mean you have no honor. Just because you’ve made mistakes doesn’t mean you can’t make corrections and go on to make a difference.
- You don't have to be a Doctor to help people heal.
- You don't have to be a Lawyer to keep people honest.
- You don't have to be a Nurse to make people feel cared for.
- You don't have to be a Police Officer to protect people.
- You don't have to be an Architect to build something beautiful.
- You don't have to be an Artist to create a work of art.
- You don't have to be Singer to find your voice.
- You don't have to be an Actor to play your role perfectly.
- You don't have to be a Writer to use words that can move mountains.
- You don't have to be Computer programmer for your life not to crash.
- You don't have to be a Banker to get your money right.
- You don't have to be a Businessman to have your life in order.
- You don't have to be a Manager to manage your life.
- You don't have to be a Gardener to grow precious flowers.
- You don't have to be an Athlete to be powerful.
- You don't have to be a Millionaire to be wealthy.
- You don't have to be a Superstar in order to shine like one!
We're all stars of the universe. Stop hiding your light, let it shine!
When we don't live a life that we feel has meaning (or the meaning we thought it would have) we tend to feel like there are holes in it or it has gaps. We tend to fill in those gaps with garbage. Drugs. Alcohol.
Screwed up, jacked up and flat out bad relationships and bad choices. We do this because we feel like life is empty and we're trying to fill it up and those are the things that are all too easily and readily available. Those are distractions.
We all mean something to somebody. Be the best example of who you are right now and stop letting the world tell you who you aren't.
Sometimes the directions don't come on the labels. What you do or don't have doesn't define you. Stop letting labels run your life. Find your meaning within the life you have and become the person you were meant to be!
This article was originally published at http://www.drishmajor.com. Reprinted with permission from the author.