Shy men are challenging for many women because they don’t make the first move. Shy women in particular are often mystified as to how to proceed with this type of guy. Well, it’s not that difficult: With a shy guy you have to be more available, take the lead more often and maybe even give him the first kiss. Keep in mind, however, that he needs to be responding very positively to each of your moves. If he doesn’t, end the relationship because you don’t want to be stuck in a fantasy where you are crazy about someone who is truly not into you.
Here are eight dating tips to bring a shy guy out of his shell:
1. See him when he is in his element. If he plays sports, go and watch him. Be there as he finishes a marathon. When a shy guy is in his element he will be at the height of his charisma and at a high point of self-confidence. Bottom line: he will be feeling very good about himself. And this means he will feel empowered to make a move on you if he is really interested.
2. Compliment him. Notice something about him or what he is doing that you really like and praise it with a specific and sincere compliment. For example, That blog you wrote about going to Sicily was hysterically funny and made me want to go! This builds his self-esteem and will tend to get him to talk more about the topic. And it may even get him to show off a bit for you.
3. Say his name a lot; give him a complimentary nickname. This indicates that you are noticing him and that he is important to you. He will bond more quickly with you when you use his name. Also, choose a complimentary nickname based on one of his qualities that you admire. For example, if he is into cycling, call him “Lance A.” This will get him to laugh and open up with you about his cycling experiences.
4. Ask open-ended questions. Good examples are, “How did you get interested in (your job)?” “What brought you to live in the city?” “How do you manage to train for a marathon when you work full-time?” These kinds of questions will help a shy guy open up and talk about himself. And this will lead to him feeling known and being comfortable with you.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 7 Sex Positions Men Love
- The Best Sex Position for the Female Orgasm
- Stop Faking It! 5 Steps To Truly Orgasmic Sex