"Don't be a shnook. It’s not how you feel—it’s how you look."~Fernando, aka Billy Crystal on SNL
Fernando had a point. Kind of.
More from YourTango: 3 Simple Steps For Lasting Love
Research shows that if you feel you look good, you do feel good or something about feeling and looking good. Or something like that. Anyway, Valentine's Day is a great time to take a long look in the mirror, shoot yourself some love and think about how to give yourself a slight-to-majorly fabulous makeover. And oh, what dating and love adventures can open up from that!
So here's my dating advice. Go ahead, go shopping and make sure you give yourself permission to experiment! A new fiercely-wonderful look can emerge, that will open up a whole new side of you—which will emanate coolness, confidence, charisma, machismo or machisma. And, most likely, irresistible attraction that leads to some serious canoodling with the right partner. So why not take some time to reinvent your look in a playful way?
Here are ten makeover ideas for women and men to consider:
1. Go Lady Gaga with a hat complete with face veil. Guys, skip the veil.
2. Don’t kid yourself: that jacket you've had since college is not vintage! Splurge on one that has coolness factor.
4. Get seriously tight high-end jeans that show off your ass-ets.
5. For women get and wear bright red lipstick. Research shows men are gaga for red on a woman. For guys, try it out too! But maybe a Goth-type color.
6. Pick up a temporary tattoo. One with your partner's name will give you great game in the bedroom. No partner? Go with "mom" for extra sweetness appeal.
7. Get a pair of the sexiest shoes or boots you see. Forget about being able to walk. It’s over-rated.
8. Try waxing areas of the body that would give you even more of the silky smooth feeling. If you are a guy, try waxing your chest. (At the very least, this act atones for all "sins" of the past.)
More from YourTango: Putting Your Relationship On Probation: Part 2
More Juicy Content From YourTango: